Will Green Jobs Save Employment?
Posted by jeckert on 04/28/2010
Find out why green jobs have what it takes to revive the economy at the 2010 "Good Jobs, Green Jobs" National Conference taking place in Washington, DC May 4-6. In a workshop entitled "Can Green Jobs Solve the Biggest Employment Crisis Since the Great Depression?" United Steelworkers President Leo Gerard, among other expert presenters, will discuss "the stark realities of the employment crisis, what it will take to create decent, family-supporting jobs, the critical role of investment and innovation, and how to create the political will to build a vibrant and prosperous green economy." Follow "Good Jobs, Green Jobs" on Facebook or register for the conference online. To prep for the conference, check out AAM's fact sheet on clean energy manufacturing.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013