China pushes for a May Meeting to ease tensions with U.S.
Posted by jeckert on 03/23/2010
China may have woken up, if ever so slightly, to the fact that their yuan is grossly undervalued-- as much as 25 percent according to a recent Reuter's article. This could be due to pressure from Congress on President Obama to toughen up on China, and perhaps the fact that on April 15, the U.S. Treasury Department will release a report that could label China a currency manipulator. Chinese officials are pushing for a "Strategic and Economic Dialogue" in Beijing in May to address some issues of mutual (to be used loosely here) concern. Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao said Monday:
"Although there are conflicts and problems in bilateral economic and trade ties, I'm sure that as long as we adhere to a spirit of mutual benefit and mutual accommodation on an equal footing, we can always find solutions."
Related recent Blogs
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013
- May 14, 2013 Headlines: Redefining success, building Amtrak, banning Tesla, and more... • by LDonia • 05/14/2013
- May 10 2013 Headlines: Obama's focus on manufacturing, U.S.-South Korea summit, and more. • by LRaup • 05/10/2013
- May 8, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-China cyber-spying, April job openings, and more. • by LRaup • 05/08/2013
- Chinese military is hacking U.S. government's computers • by scapozzola • 05/07/2013