Welcome to Nashville, Music City USA...
Posted by admin on 10/08/2008
(Title Note: If you've ever spent any time in the Nashville airport, you've heard the constantly repeating PA announcement that begins like that over and over again. ManufactureThis apologizes if it is now stuck in your head.) After a presidential debate and a vice presidential debate that were completely free of any discussion about how to create good manufacturing jobs here in America, ManufactureThis sat down to watch last night's debate between Senators McCain and Obama, held in a city of which ManufactureThis has many fond memories, having attended college there (although not at Belmont University, site of last night's debate). I mean, surely, this time they would talk about these critical issues, right? An hour and a half later, while, by all accounts, most of America had nodded off and/or stopped paying attention to what has been pretty universally declared a rather boring debate, ManufactureThis was the one stomping around and seething (well, not the only one. McCain was doing a lot of that, too). Once again, the candidates failed to talk about manufacturing or China or even jobs except in the vaguest of terms. Look, guys, there's one more debate left. We want to hear what you are going to do to help us keep critical industries and new technologies made in America. Senator Obama, tell us more about these 5 million green jobs to which you keep referring, and how many of them are going to be good jobs building the new products that will allow us to transition into the green economy. Senator McCain, tell us more about...well...tell us something. Don't make us bring back the cricket meter! Also, ManufactureThis would like to take the pretext of writing about something that occurred in Nashville to gloat about his beloved, 13th-ranked Commodores!
Related recent Blogs
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013