Welcome to Nashville, Music City USA...
Posted by admin on 10/08/2008
(Title Note: If you've ever spent any time in the Nashville airport, you've heard the constantly repeating PA announcement that begins like that over and over again. ManufactureThis apologizes if it is now stuck in your head.) After a presidential debate and a vice presidential debate that were completely free of any discussion about how to create good manufacturing jobs here in America, ManufactureThis sat down to watch last night's debate between Senators McCain and Obama, held in a city of which ManufactureThis has many fond memories, having attended college there (although not at Belmont University, site of last night's debate). I mean, surely, this time they would talk about these critical issues, right? An hour and a half later, while, by all accounts, most of America had nodded off and/or stopped paying attention to what has been pretty universally declared a rather boring debate, ManufactureThis was the one stomping around and seething (well, not the only one. McCain was doing a lot of that, too). Once again, the candidates failed to talk about manufacturing or China or even jobs except in the vaguest of terms. Look, guys, there's one more debate left. We want to hear what you are going to do to help us keep critical industries and new technologies made in America. Senator Obama, tell us more about these 5 million green jobs to which you keep referring, and how many of them are going to be good jobs building the new products that will allow us to transition into the green economy. Senator McCain, tell us more about...well...tell us something. Don't make us bring back the cricket meter! Also, ManufactureThis would like to take the pretext of writing about something that occurred in Nashville to gloat about his beloved, 13th-ranked Commodores!
Related recent Blogs
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013