"Manufacturing's Biggest Enemy"
Posted by scapozzola on 03/27/2008
Global Erie' Peter Panepento wrote a great piece yesterday on the "impact of illegal Chinese trade practices" on Pennsylvania jobs. And very revealing were just how many Pennsylvanians left comments on his blog. A cursory review of those responses shows that the great majority agreed with Mr. Panepento's (and AAM's) view that the U.S. must enforce its trade laws and address China's cheating. With more than 207,400 Pennsylvania factory jobs shipped overseas since 2000, you can bet that the Keystone State recognizes there's a problem. Across the state, from Allentown TV to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, AAM's latest report on China clearly resonated. China's illegal trade practices (including dumping, subsidies, and currency manipulation) are costing the state more than 15,000 jobs per year. It's high time for the candidates to state that they'll enforce U.S. trade laws and take strong action to strengthen American manufacturing. Pennsylvania has lost more than 78,000 jobs to China since 2001 and voters want to hear what the candidates will do about it.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013