Green Trade Deficit?
Posted by scapozzola on 06/23/2009
The New America Foundation has issued a report that notes a worrying increase in "America's dependence on foreign countries to produce green technologies":
"If current trends continue, the green trade deficit can be expected to widen further as the administration's agenda increases domestic demand but without sufficient measures to increase domestic production. If the deficit continues to grow, the United States will forego the creation of millions of high-wage, high-skill green manufacturing jobs and lose its potential to be a global producer as well as a consumer of green technologies."Read more.
Related recent Blogs
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- November 27, 2013: Tension over the East China Sea and more • by LDonia • 11/27/2013
- Take it from the respected economist: QE and currency manipulation aren't the same thing • by mmcmullan • 11/21/2013
- November 21, 2013: Defense Authorization bill, Trans-Pacific Partnership and Tax Reform, oh my! • by LDonia • 11/21/2013
- November 15, 2013: the wrap-up of POTUS visit edition • by LDonia • 11/15/2013
- All-time record monthly trade deficit with China: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 11/14/2013
- Tracking currency manipulation: Has your representative signed onto HR 1276? • by TGarland • 11/13/2013
- Steelworkers' Gerard talks TPP • by mmcmullan • 11/08/2013
- ReMaking America includes a race to the top • by TGarland • 11/05/2013
- Steel industry fights for level playing field • by LDonia • 10/31/2013