Green Trade Deficit?
Posted by scapozzola on 06/23/2009
The New America Foundation has issued a report that notes a worrying increase in "America's dependence on foreign countries to produce green technologies":
"If current trends continue, the green trade deficit can be expected to widen further as the administration's agenda increases domestic demand but without sufficient measures to increase domestic production. If the deficit continues to grow, the United States will forego the creation of millions of high-wage, high-skill green manufacturing jobs and lose its potential to be a global producer as well as a consumer of green technologies."Read more.
Related recent Blogs
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013
- May 14, 2013 Headlines: Redefining success, building Amtrak, banning Tesla, and more... • by LDonia • 05/14/2013
- May 10 2013 Headlines: Obama's focus on manufacturing, U.S.-South Korea summit, and more. • by LRaup • 05/10/2013
- May 8, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-China cyber-spying, April job openings, and more. • by LRaup • 05/08/2013
- May 7, 2013 Headlines: GM denies, Obama blames, Safety Advocates scrutinze, and more... • by LDonia • 05/07/2013