Food for thought....
Posted by vriz on 05/12/2009
If you are still wondering why you should care about U.S. auto industry, check out this Ed Shultz MSNBC Today Show segment. Economist Lisa Jordan who is with the "Keep It Made In America" Bus Tour provides some examples of small business owners, like coffee shop and restaurant owners, who are worried their businesses will go under with the demise of the auto suppliers. The truth is a lot of stuff goes into making a car: paper, chemicals, rubber, glass, steel, and the list does not end there. 7.2 million jobs in total will be affected if the U.S. auto industry disappears. Think about that.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013