Food for thought....
Posted by vriz on 05/12/2009
If you are still wondering why you should care about U.S. auto industry, check out this Ed Shultz MSNBC Today Show segment. Economist Lisa Jordan who is with the "Keep It Made In America" Bus Tour provides some examples of small business owners, like coffee shop and restaurant owners, who are worried their businesses will go under with the demise of the auto suppliers. The truth is a lot of stuff goes into making a car: paper, chemicals, rubber, glass, steel, and the list does not end there. 7.2 million jobs in total will be affected if the U.S. auto industry disappears. Think about that.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013