Food for thought....
Posted by vriz on 05/12/2009
If you are still wondering why you should care about U.S. auto industry, check out this Ed Shultz MSNBC Today Show segment. Economist Lisa Jordan who is with the "Keep It Made In America" Bus Tour provides some examples of small business owners, like coffee shop and restaurant owners, who are worried their businesses will go under with the demise of the auto suppliers. The truth is a lot of stuff goes into making a car: paper, chemicals, rubber, glass, steel, and the list does not end there. 7.2 million jobs in total will be affected if the U.S. auto industry disappears. Think about that.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013