President Obama Says Make it in America.
Posted by scapozzola on 08/10/2010
At a speech yesterday at the University of Texas at Austin, President Obama gave his views on "Higher Education and the Economy." Particularly noteworthy in the President's speech was his support for U.S. manufacturing:
"...we need an economy that puts Americans back to work, an economy that’s built around three simple words -- Made in America. Because we are not playing for second place. We are the United States of America, and like the Texas Longhorns, you play for first -- we play for first."ManufactureThis has frequently spelled out a "Keep it Made in America" message. And so, we're happy to have the President joining us in the fight. To help acheive his Make it in America goal, the President praised "the incredible industriousness of the American worker and the ingenuity of American businesses and the power of our free market system." He also called for "some fundamental shifts in how we've been operating to make sure America remains number one." The President outlined some key points, including investment in clean energy manufacturing:
I’ve called for doubling our exports within the next five years, so that we're not just buying from other countries, I want us to sell to other countries. We've talked about doubling our nation’s capacity to generate renewable energy by 2012, because I'm actually convinced that if we control the clean energy future, then our economic future will be bright -- building solar panels and wind turbines and biodiesel...Read the full text of the President's remarks.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013