Down and Out Index: Wisconsin, North Carolina, South Carolina...
Posted by scapozzola on 04/23/2009
Oshkosh, Wisconsin: OshKosh B'Gosh, well know for its brand of overalls, is cutting 90 employees. And another household name based in Wisconsin, the Kimberly-Clark Corp. (which manufactures Huggies diapers and Kleenex tissues), has announced layoffs of up to 1,000 workers nationwide. Linwood, North Carolina: 35 employees face layoffs at Warvel Products, a manufacturer of wood, urethane foam, and customized components. North Charleston, South Carolina: Robert Bosch, a manufacturer of fuel injectors and brake components, is eliminating 200 positions. Also in South Carolina, Mount Vernon Mills is closing its Williamston plant, leaving 145 people without jobs.The company makes denim, flame-retardant fabrics, automotive fabrics and synthetic pine straw.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013