Down and Out Index: Wisconsin, North Carolina, South Carolina...
Posted by scapozzola on 04/23/2009
Oshkosh, Wisconsin: OshKosh B'Gosh, well know for its brand of overalls, is cutting 90 employees. And another household name based in Wisconsin, the Kimberly-Clark Corp. (which manufactures Huggies diapers and Kleenex tissues), has announced layoffs of up to 1,000 workers nationwide. Linwood, North Carolina: 35 employees face layoffs at Warvel Products, a manufacturer of wood, urethane foam, and customized components. North Charleston, South Carolina: Robert Bosch, a manufacturer of fuel injectors and brake components, is eliminating 200 positions. Also in South Carolina, Mount Vernon Mills is closing its Williamston plant, leaving 145 people without jobs.The company makes denim, flame-retardant fabrics, automotive fabrics and synthetic pine straw.
Related recent Blogs
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013