"American Wind Turbines Sound Like Freedom"
Posted by scapozzola on 06/21/2010
United Steelworkers (USW) President Leo Gerard explains why American-made wind turbines could help break American dependence on foreign oil. As he sees it, the "more American wind turbines, the fewer barrels of oil America must import to meet its energy needs." Clean energy manufacturing could also help revitalize U.S. manufacturing, with American-built wind turbines helping to " propel the nation out of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression by generating good-paying American jobs." Read more.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013