More on Rep. Sutton's Buy America Amendment
Earlier this week, a Buy America amendment was added to a bill in the House thanks to the efforts of Representatives Betty Sutton (D-OH) and Tim Murphy (R-PA). According to a press release from Rep. Sutton's office:
Representative Sutton successfully offered a Buy American amendment that requires that projects for the construction, alteration, maintenance or repair of a public water system funded by a State Drinking Water State Revolving Loan Fund use steel, iron, and manufactured goods that are produced in the United States. Sutton's amendment received broad bipartisan support and was included in the bill.
"The Buy American requirement is critically important for our economy. As we invest in our nation's infrastructure, American taxpayers want their taxpayer dollars to create jobs here at home. Getting Americans back to work is the highest priority and this amendment will help us do that." said Representative Sutton.
Read the full release here.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013
- Doors opening on American made SEPTA cars • by TGarland • 11/25/2013
- Joe Biden set to speak at Port of Houston • by mmcmullan • 11/18/2013
- November 7, 2013: Diamond Joe touts rail in Ohio • by mmcmullan • 11/07/2013
- Why Biden's visit to Ohio CSX terminal is a pretty big deal • by LDonia • 11/06/2013
- November 5, 2013: Apple's new Made in the U.S.A. commitment dwarfs Walmart's • by mmcmullan • 11/05/2013
- ReMaking America: manufacturing must be at the top of the agenda • by TGarland • 10/28/2013