More on Rep. Sutton's Buy America Amendment
Earlier this week, a Buy America amendment was added to a bill in the House thanks to the efforts of Representatives Betty Sutton (D-OH) and Tim Murphy (R-PA). According to a press release from Rep. Sutton's office:
Representative Sutton successfully offered a Buy American amendment that requires that projects for the construction, alteration, maintenance or repair of a public water system funded by a State Drinking Water State Revolving Loan Fund use steel, iron, and manufactured goods that are produced in the United States. Sutton's amendment received broad bipartisan support and was included in the bill.
"The Buy American requirement is critically important for our economy. As we invest in our nation's infrastructure, American taxpayers want their taxpayer dollars to create jobs here at home. Getting Americans back to work is the highest priority and this amendment will help us do that." said Representative Sutton.
Read the full release here.
Related recent Blogs
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013
- Promise on the horizon for American solar • by mmcmullan • 05/14/2013
- May 14, 2013 Headlines: Redefining success, building Amtrak, banning Tesla, and more... • by LDonia • 05/14/2013
- New American-made locomotives unveiled. • by scapozzola • 05/13/2013
- Members of Congress Press for "Buy America" Steel Preferences in Transportation, Defense, and Homeland Projects. • by scapozzola • 05/02/2013
- When taxpayer dollars are spent overseas... • by scapozzola • 04/30/2013
- Someone else finally notices D+ grade for U.S. infrastructure • by LDonia • 04/25/2013