Time Keeps on Slipping Away...
Posted by scapozzola on 05/25/2010
Bloomberg News reports that U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner is “as confident as I’ve ever been” that China will let the yuan appreciate against the dollar. Such revaluation, according to Geither is "absolutely" in China’s long-term economic interest. Unfortunately, this is the same old, same old song and dance. The U.S. and China talk, and nothing gets accomplished. Meanwhile, the U.S. continues to lose jobs to China. It's up to Congress to take action.
Related recent Blogs
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- The Veep heads to Asia, while Michigan Democrats and automakers press the "currency issue" in TPP talks • by TGarland • 11/27/2013
- November 27, 2013: Tension over the East China Sea and more • by LDonia • 11/27/2013
- November 25, 2013: Uncontrollable turkey tension • by mmcmullan • 11/25/2013
- Take it from the respected economist: QE and currency manipulation aren't the same thing • by mmcmullan • 11/21/2013