What one of the oldest countries in the world can teach one of the newest ones...
Posted by jeckert on 05/10/2010
Like it's ancient ruins, Greece is crumbling. But what can the rest of the world learn from this small nation's budget crisis? Robert Samuelson stresses the critical importance of decreasing the national deficit, and relying less on welfare and more on a productive, working economy. How do we do this? Balance trade with China, enforce Buy America, and invest in clean tech and infrastructure to create sustainable jobs that will strengthen the economy as well as the citizens of the United States. Read more here.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013