Wrapping up "Good Jobs, Green Jobs" and looking ahead...
Posted by jeckert on 05/06/2010
The 2010 "Good Jobs, Green Jobs" National Conference was a smashing success. But where do we go from here? Here's a blog entry in the Huffington Post by Carl Pope on investing in freight-rail infrastructure and an all-encompassing blog post summarizing the conference highlights on the AFL-CIO Now Blog. It is important to take a serious and foward-thinking look at steps needed to establish a sustainable clean energy manufacturing base in the United States and maintain our economic independence and success as a nation. See our event highlights here, here, here and here and view our brand new video, "Manufacturing the Future of America." Here at ManufactureThis, we hope that all in attendance at the conference, and those who followed our coverage, are ready to move forward, newly educated, to put all that was talked about this past week, into action. Together, we can keep it made in America.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013