Wrapping up "Good Jobs, Green Jobs" and looking ahead...
Posted by jeckert on 05/06/2010
The 2010 "Good Jobs, Green Jobs" National Conference was a smashing success. But where do we go from here? Here's a blog entry in the Huffington Post by Carl Pope on investing in freight-rail infrastructure and an all-encompassing blog post summarizing the conference highlights on the AFL-CIO Now Blog. It is important to take a serious and foward-thinking look at steps needed to establish a sustainable clean energy manufacturing base in the United States and maintain our economic independence and success as a nation. See our event highlights here, here, here and here and view our brand new video, "Manufacturing the Future of America." Here at ManufactureThis, we hope that all in attendance at the conference, and those who followed our coverage, are ready to move forward, newly educated, to put all that was talked about this past week, into action. Together, we can keep it made in America.
Related recent Blogs
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- December 3, 2013: One number shows a #MFG uptick. Does that mean more #MFG jobs? • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013
- December 2, 2013: American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/02/2013
- 51 American-made holiday gifts from around the country • by LDonia • 11/27/2013