A Made in the U.S.A. Mother's Day
Mother's Day is just two days away, but if you're a late shopper, as I am, and have not yet found a gift for the mother in your life, here are a few American-made gift ideas.
1.) For the mom with a sweet-tooth, Ococoa chocolates are made in Los Angeles. You can purchase chocolates from the website, which also has dietary information for its products.
2.) For the nostalgic mother who loves to decorate, Simon Pearce's Woodbury Photo Blocks are made from glass blown in Vermont and Maryland. But if photo frames aren't quite the right gift, the site is full of other options, including pottery and lighting.
3.) For the handy mom who loves around-the-house projects, Oregon-made Leatherman's Micra tool is the perfect gift. A portion of the sales of "Pink Program" tools goes to breast cancer research and awareness funds.
4.) For the environmentally-conscious mama, why not a gift from Bottlehood? The company "upcycles" glass bottles into cups and other products. (Pictured here is the set of four tall tumblers.) Bottlehood manufactures in several U.S. states including Colorado and California.
5.) Of course, we can't leave out new moms. This baby bag combo from Indiana-based Cinda B. includes a large handbag (with room for bottles, snacks and cell phone) and a changing pad.
6.) For the mother with a story to tell (in other words, all of them) Michigan-based Journals Unlimited has something for everyone. And if you can't find a journal that is the perfect fit, the company offers customized books as well.
7.) If you have a health-conscious mother in your life, a gift from Valley Green Naturals may be a good option. Made in Northern Virginia, Valley Green Naturals makes eco-friendly, natural, and organic hair, face, and body products for women and men. (Pictured here is the Cool Clarity! Facial Care Line.)
8.) And for the particularly tech-savvy mama, the Los Angeles-made eco-amp is a nice accessory. Made from recycled cardboard, the eco-amp fits over the speaker of an iPhone and amplifies the sound.
Still haven't found the perfect gift? Our friends at Made in USA Challenge also curated a Mother's Day post.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013