Bachmann's Response to Obama Jobs Speech
Michele Bachmann responded to President Obama’s jobs speech today, calling it an expansion of government spending. She also said that the payroll tax cut would take more funds from social security. Instead, Bachmann wants to see massive cuts to the government and a rollback of regulations. She laid out a nine-point proposal to rebuild the economy:
1) Repatriate American business dollars earned from overseas,
2) Massively cut spending and the size of government,
3) Repeal Obamacare, which is the government takeover of America’s healthcare system,
4) Cut taxes, including corporate taxes,
5) Repeal Dodd-Frank,
6) Repeal job killing regulations,
7) Increase exports by finalizing free trade agreements,
8) Spur new investment in America, inspire innovation,
9) Provide job creating energy solutions, including decreased regulations on developing new energy supplies from our abundant domestic energy resources.
The way forward needs to be based on permanent solutions grounded in the private sector. That is how we will once again restore economic prosperity to our country.
You can watch the full speech here.