Zippo makes its 500 millionth lighter in the USA
The iconic Zippo Lighter is proudly made in USA-- in Bradford, Pennsylvania. Since 1937, the company has been manufacturing top-of-the-line lighters backed with an all-purpose guarantee of "Always works—or we fix it."
As Fox News reports, the company just passed a new milestone-- 500 million lighters made in the U.S.
Unfortunately, counterfeit Zippo lighters from China are coming back to the company in need of repair.
Zippo manufactures 12 million lighters a year, but it's estimated that Chinese factories manufacture 12 million counterfeits annually. These cheap knockoffs do not have Zippo's famous durability, and the company finds itself being asked to repair them.
Counterfeiting and piracy are rampant in China, and pose unfair challenges for quality U.S. manufacturers. Read more about the battle that Zippo faces.
Related recent Blogs
- December 20, 2013: Manufacturing weathermen • by mmcmullan • 12/20/2013
- Guest Post: Congressman Tim Ryan on the importance of American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/19/2013
- QOTD: AAM President Scott Paul talks young workers in manufacturing • by TGarland • 12/19/2013
- December 19, 2013: New gig for Baucus? • by mmcmullan • 12/19/2013
- Missed our #ShopAmerica twitter chat? We've got you covered! • by LDonia • 12/18/2013
- ITC made the right call on hot-rolled steel imports • by mmcmullan • 12/18/2013
- WE ARE ... made in Pennsylvania • by TGarland • 12/18/2013
- December 18, 2013: Selling the trade agenda • by mmcmullan • 12/18/2013
- #ShopAmerica: From handbags and dress shoes to tires and paintball -- an assortment of #MadeinUSA gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/17/2013
- ITC Rules in Favor of America's Steel Industry: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement • by scapozzola • 12/17/2013