You heard it here first, and second, and on and on...The big PIVOT to jobs.
Faithful readers of ManufactureThis will recall our frequent exhortations of "Pivot to Jobs." It's basically our way of:
[a] reminding official Washington that Americans want action on jobs ASAP; and,
[b] reminding everyone of the conclusions of our new national poll.
It seems that our #Pivot2Jobs message is catching on...
Last week, the Los Angeles Times reported on the key message of our polling, namely that voters see jobs and manufacturing as the most important economic issues that Washington should be addressing.
Yesterday, Greg Sargent reported in his Plum Line Washington Post column that the conclusion of the debt deal means "officials are beginning to talk about that long-promised pivot to jobs that seemed to get snuffed out by the nonstop deficit chatter that has dominated Washington for months and months."
Today, it's Mike Allen at The Politico reporting that "Obama and Senate Dems plan pivot to jobs."
Well, we said it last week, they're saying it this week. Good to know that our "Pivot2Jobs" message is catching on.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013