You heard it here first, and second, and on and on...The big PIVOT to jobs.
Faithful readers of ManufactureThis will recall our frequent exhortations of "Pivot to Jobs." It's basically our way of:
[a] reminding official Washington that Americans want action on jobs ASAP; and,
[b] reminding everyone of the conclusions of our new national poll.
It seems that our #Pivot2Jobs message is catching on...
Last week, the Los Angeles Times reported on the key message of our polling, namely that voters see jobs and manufacturing as the most important economic issues that Washington should be addressing.
Yesterday, Greg Sargent reported in his Plum Line Washington Post column that the conclusion of the debt deal means "officials are beginning to talk about that long-promised pivot to jobs that seemed to get snuffed out by the nonstop deficit chatter that has dominated Washington for months and months."
Today, it's Mike Allen at The Politico reporting that "Obama and Senate Dems plan pivot to jobs."
Well, we said it last week, they're saying it this week. Good to know that our "Pivot2Jobs" message is catching on.
Related recent Blogs
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014