Yet another reminder - Americans love Made in the USA
It's happened again. Another major publication has corroborated something we told you months ago.
You may recall, back in July, when the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) released its survey of voters. We found that 97% of those polled had a favorable view of goods manufactured in the United States. Additionally, we found that 36% of those surveyed thought American-made products have gotten better, while 34% believe Chinese-made products have gotten worse.
Now USA Today is sharing similar numbers it got from the Boston Consulting Group.
Over 80% of Americans are willing to pay more for Made-in-USA products, 93% of whom say it's because they want to keep jobs in the USA.
While this is not news to us at AAM, nor readers of ManufactureThis, the USA Today article did provide its readers with a useful cautionary tale:
Just watch out for phony Made-in-USA claims. It's illegal to claim a product is U.S.-made unless both the product and all it's components are sourced in the U.S. Even products that could imply a phony country of origin with a flag or country outline are verboten.
Read more here.
Related recent Blogs
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014