YET AGAIN: It's the economy!!!!!! A new Gallup poll shows Americans are most concerned about jobs, not the deficit.
We've said this umpteen times: It's not the budget deficit that matters most. It's the JOBS deficit that Washington needs to be focusing on first.
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul has been urging this point for months. In April he penned a strongly worded editorial:
...our political culture is obsessed with the wrong deficit. Yes, the American people want to put our government's fiscal house in order. But, more than anything else, the American people want jobs. And it doesn't take an economist to understand that if we create more jobs, our nation's fiscal position will improve.
Little surprise, then, that a new Gallup poll finds almost 9 in 10 Americans say that "now is not a good time to find a job." On the subject of the economy, Gallup reports that 74% of Americans see the economy as the nation's top problem.
It seems a no-brainer that Congress and the Administration should be working 24/7 to put America back to work. What's needed are Middle Class jobs, especially in the manufacturing sector.
Right now is the time to boost manufacturing. Read more about a national manufacturing strategy.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013