YET AGAIN: It's the economy!!!!!! A new Gallup poll shows Americans are most concerned about jobs, not the deficit.
We've said this umpteen times: It's not the budget deficit that matters most. It's the JOBS deficit that Washington needs to be focusing on first.
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul has been urging this point for months. In April he penned a strongly worded editorial:
...our political culture is obsessed with the wrong deficit. Yes, the American people want to put our government's fiscal house in order. But, more than anything else, the American people want jobs. And it doesn't take an economist to understand that if we create more jobs, our nation's fiscal position will improve.
Little surprise, then, that a new Gallup poll finds almost 9 in 10 Americans say that "now is not a good time to find a job." On the subject of the economy, Gallup reports that 74% of Americans see the economy as the nation's top problem.
It seems a no-brainer that Congress and the Administration should be working 24/7 to put America back to work. What's needed are Middle Class jobs, especially in the manufacturing sector.
Right now is the time to boost manufacturing. Read more about a national manufacturing strategy.
Related recent Blogs
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013