Year in Review: A Made in America Agenda, ABC Keeps it Made in America, The Senate Tackles China's Cheating and More:
ABC World News Tonight jumped on the Keep it Made in America band wagon with their popular Made in America Series.
The House Democrats introduced a â€śMake it in Americaâ€ť agenda.
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) showcased companies that are keeping their products Made in America during a full-scale Made in America fashion show at Netroots Nation 2011 in Minneapolis, MN.
We released the results of a wide-ranging national poll that highlighted anxiety among a broad cross-section of voters about the economy, jobs, and the importance of revitalizing manufacturing in America.
AAM Executive Director Scott Paul testified before the Joint Economic Committee at a hearing on "Manufacturing in the USA: Why We Need a National Manufacturing Strategy?"
We checked Wal-Martâ€™s shelves for American-made goodsâ€¦and didnâ€™t find much.
The Economic and Policy Institute released a report that demonstrated that revaluation of the Chinese yuan would increase U.S. GDP and employment, reduce the federal budget deficit, and help workers in China and other Asian countries.
New data suggested that the growing U.S. trade deficit with China cost 2.8 million jobs between 2001 and 2010.
The Senate voted to move forward on S.1619, the Currency Exchange Rate Oversight Act of 2011, a bill that would provide recourse for U.S. manufacturers adversely affected by Chinaâ€™s ongoing currency manipulation.
The Pentagon bought 1 million counterfeit parts from China.
A new report from the U.S.-China Commission (USCC) highlighted the growing economic and security challenges from China.
We asked our supporters to Buy American, Give American during the 2011 holiday season.
Related recent Blogs
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014
- 86th Academy Awards: The Top 5 Manufacturing Movies • by scapozzola • 02/28/2014
- 86th Academy Awards: Those Oscar statuettes are totally made in the USA! • by LDonia • 02/28/2014