Year in Review: A Made in America Agenda, ABC Keeps it Made in America, The Senate Tackles China's Cheating and More:
ABC World News Tonight jumped on the Keep it Made in America band wagon with their popular Made in America Series.
The House Democrats introduced a â€śMake it in Americaâ€ť agenda.
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) showcased companies that are keeping their products Made in America during a full-scale Made in America fashion show at Netroots Nation 2011 in Minneapolis, MN.
We released the results of a wide-ranging national poll that highlighted anxiety among a broad cross-section of voters about the economy, jobs, and the importance of revitalizing manufacturing in America.
AAM Executive Director Scott Paul testified before the Joint Economic Committee at a hearing on "Manufacturing in the USA: Why We Need a National Manufacturing Strategy?"
We checked Wal-Martâ€™s shelves for American-made goodsâ€¦and didnâ€™t find much.
The Economic and Policy Institute released a report that demonstrated that revaluation of the Chinese yuan would increase U.S. GDP and employment, reduce the federal budget deficit, and help workers in China and other Asian countries.
New data suggested that the growing U.S. trade deficit with China cost 2.8 million jobs between 2001 and 2010.
The Senate voted to move forward on S.1619, the Currency Exchange Rate Oversight Act of 2011, a bill that would provide recourse for U.S. manufacturers adversely affected by Chinaâ€™s ongoing currency manipulation.
The Pentagon bought 1 million counterfeit parts from China.
A new report from the U.S.-China Commission (USCC) highlighted the growing economic and security challenges from China.
We asked our supporters to Buy American, Give American during the 2011 holiday season.
Related recent Blogs
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing Chinaâ€™s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- What can we expect from the upcoming Treasury report on exchange rates? • by mmcmullan • 04/08/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014