Women who 'make it' are not quite making it
We're thrilled to see that the Indianapolis Star has published an op-ed by Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Field Coordinator Rachel Bennett Steury.
Bennett Steury laments the lack of women working in the manufacturing sector. She suggests a national manufacturing strategy as a means for dealing with this, and many of the issues currently faced by U.S. manufacturers.
Earlier this week, AAM reported that Senator Tom Harkin [D-IA] and Congressman Bruce Braley [D-IA] introduced bills in the Senate and House respectively that would require the president to present a national manufacturing strategy to congress every two years.
Says Bennett Steury on the importance of a national manufacturing strategy:
A manufacturing strategy will allow for our nation to thrive, our industry to grow and it will open up more opportunities for women to lead in innovation. America’s manufacturing women are counting on women in Congress to make it a priority to keep making it in America.
Read more about women in manufacturing.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013