Women who 'make it' are not quite making it
We're thrilled to see that the Indianapolis Star has published an op-ed by Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Field Coordinator Rachel Bennett Steury.
Bennett Steury laments the lack of women working in the manufacturing sector. She suggests a national manufacturing strategy as a means for dealing with this, and many of the issues currently faced by U.S. manufacturers.
Earlier this week, AAM reported that Senator Tom Harkin [D-IA] and Congressman Bruce Braley [D-IA] introduced bills in the Senate and House respectively that would require the president to present a national manufacturing strategy to congress every two years.
Says Bennett Steury on the importance of a national manufacturing strategy:
A manufacturing strategy will allow for our nation to thrive, our industry to grow and it will open up more opportunities for women to lead in innovation. America’s manufacturing women are counting on women in Congress to make it a priority to keep making it in America.
Read more about women in manufacturing.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013