A Wisconsin Report
AAM Field Coordinator Rachel Bennett Steury reports on the "Keep it Made in America" sentiment in Wisconsin...
"A few days ago when I went to a local clothes store in Wausau, Baeseman's Shoe & Clothing to buy a pair of shoes, I was pleasantly surprised. The sibling owners Mary Nordstrom and Tom Rossi pointed me to a section of their shoe department with all Made in the USA shoes! How fabulous. As I was looking through the flats and pumps and sandals, I noticed that I wasn’t the only one in search for domestic shoes and winter-wear. I could overhear Tom and his customers talking about what “used to be made” in the USA and in Wisconsin that have since moved.
"I told them about the Wausau town hall on Friday and explained about AAM and what we do. Tom and Mary were glad to meet me and know that there are folks out there fighting for the American worker. Having the business in their family since 1972, they know how important it is to invest in your community and in manufacturing and do what they can to buy American but admit it is awful tough to find domestic shoes and clothes. Products in their store list their country of origin clearly for folks to make their purchasing decisions. I walked out of there with 2 pair of shoes made in the USA and a pair of Wigwam socks marked “Proudly Made in Sheboygan Wisconsin.”
"If you’re in the Wausau area, stop in and support Mary and Tom at Baeseman’s, or come out to the town hall on October 29th in Rothschild for a free fish fry and be a part of the discussion!"
Baeseman's Shoe & Clothing, 1002 S. 3rd Avenue, Wausau, WI 54401, 715.842.0928
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013