Wisconsin activists meet to discuss manufacturing and labor issues
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Field Coordinator Meghan McKeefry attended the 2013 AFL-CIO Community Services conference in Green Bay, WI on March 7th. Labor leaders from throughout Wisconsin participated, along with many activists.
Meghan connected with leaders from around the state, including WI Labor Liaisons, Central Labor Council Presidents, the United Way, Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC), UW School for Workers, and The Blue Green Alliance.
She also spoke with some of the staff of the Neenah Foundry about the recently-introduced 'Invest in American Jobs Act' (HR 949). Neenah employees David Robinson, Garison Bucholtz, and Steve Suprise were interested in how the legislation will affect their foundry. H.R.949 requires stronger Buy American language on all steel and iron to be used in waste water, transit, and airport infrastructure. The Neenah Foundry manufactures a wide variety of cast iron products, including the manhole covers that are found in most U.S. cities.
Meghan looks forward to connecting with all of these people again soon.
Related recent Blogs
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013