Wisconsin activists meet to discuss manufacturing and labor issues
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Field Coordinator Meghan McKeefry attended the 2013 AFL-CIO Community Services conference in Green Bay, WI on March 7th. Labor leaders from throughout Wisconsin participated, along with many activists.
Meghan connected with leaders from around the state, including WI Labor Liaisons, Central Labor Council Presidents, the United Way, Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC), UW School for Workers, and The Blue Green Alliance.
She also spoke with some of the staff of the Neenah Foundry about the recently-introduced 'Invest in American Jobs Act' (HR 949). Neenah employees David Robinson, Garison Bucholtz, and Steve Suprise were interested in how the legislation will affect their foundry. H.R.949 requires stronger Buy American language on all steel and iron to be used in waste water, transit, and airport infrastructure. The Neenah Foundry manufactures a wide variety of cast iron products, including the manhole covers that are found in most U.S. cities.
Meghan looks forward to connecting with all of these people again soon.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013