Will we see any 'Made in America' on the Oscar 'Red Carpet?'
Oscar weekend is finally upon us. For some, this is an event that is as big as, or bigger than, the Super Bowl. Only instead of coming for the commercials and staying for the game, the fashion-obsessed come for the gowns (and sometimes the tuxes) and stay for the awards.
In an effort, it seems, to engage that crowd early, The Oscars created a web series dedicated to Oscar night gowns for the five actresses nominated in the Best Actress in a Leading Role catgory.
The series places three designers against each other as they design a gown for each nominee. Viewers vote on Facebook for the best gowns.
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) was pleased to see a designer whose work we've highlighted before, and one that has made a commitment to American garment manufacturing: Kevan Hall.
In the clip below, you can see Hall (and two other designers) create gown ideas for nominee Quvenzanhe Wallis.
Meanwhile, we're wondering how many Oscar attendees will grace the red carpet in American-made formal wear...any guesses?
Related recent Blogs
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- AAM Statement: Commerce Department Decision on South Korean OCTG Dumping. • by scapozzola • 07/11/2014