Will the #AAMeter move this week? (That all depends on whether we're actually adding manufacturing jobs.)
It’s Jobs Report Week, the first Friday of each month during which we get employment data from the government. It's also the day that we update our #AAMeter, the running tally we keep of President Obama's pledge to create 1 million manufacturing jobs during his second term.
Last time we checked, President Obama’s goal was stuck in the mud and spinning its wheels.
While we wait, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) has some pretty good ideas about how we can actually create new manufacturing jobs.
But right now, there’s a trade case in front of the Department of Commerce that threatens thousands of American steel jobs. It’s simple: enforce our trade laws and save thousands of manufacturing jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014