"Why Obama Must Turn to Jobs"
The Los Angeles Times' Peter Nicholas says President Obama must begin to focus on job creation.
In an article summarizing the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) new national poll, Nicholas says that Washington is on the wrong track:
When asked if the White House and Congress should focus more on jobs or deficit reduction, by a 2-1 margin people chose jobs...
When the debt ceiling crisis passes, Obama will need to reassure voters that jobs are his top focus. A total of 53% rated their personal economic condition as negative; compared to 49% one year ago. And 60% predicted that the next generation will be worse off economically than their own.
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013