"Why Obama Must Turn to Jobs"
The Los Angeles Times' Peter Nicholas says President Obama must begin to focus on job creation.
In an article summarizing the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) new national poll, Nicholas says that Washington is on the wrong track:
When asked if the White House and Congress should focus more on jobs or deficit reduction, by a 2-1 margin people chose jobs...
When the debt ceiling crisis passes, Obama will need to reassure voters that jobs are his top focus. A total of 53% rated their personal economic condition as negative; compared to 49% one year ago. And 60% predicted that the next generation will be worse off economically than their own.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013