"Why Obama Must Turn to Jobs"
The Los Angeles Times' Peter Nicholas says President Obama must begin to focus on job creation.
In an article summarizing the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) new national poll, Nicholas says that Washington is on the wrong track:
When asked if the White House and Congress should focus more on jobs or deficit reduction, by a 2-1 margin people chose jobs...
When the debt ceiling crisis passes, Obama will need to reassure voters that jobs are his top focus. A total of 53% rated their personal economic condition as negative; compared to 49% one year ago. And 60% predicted that the next generation will be worse off economically than their own.
Related recent Blogs
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013