Who is talking tough on China this week?
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul has been widely quoted this week on the need for President Obama to take a hard line with China’s President Xi Xinping.
Some selected quotes:
- “Unless you hit China in the wallet it has no incentive to improve.” Agence France Presse, June 3.
- “Punch back hard…There’s a myth out there that we can’t get more aggressive with China.” Washington Times, June 3.
- “If you look on balance as to who holds the cards, it’s us and we just haven’t been willing to play them. I grow weary and tired of U.S.-China summitry when new agreements on intellectual property rights are announced, which are basically updated promises that China has made since 2001.” The Daily Caller, June 3.
- "Americans are losing patience with China's refusal to play by the rules." IndustryWeek, June 4.
- "The time for talk is over; the time for action is here.” Washington Examiner, June 4.
- "There has to be some consequence for China's pervasive cyberhacking and theft of commercial and military secrets." USA Today, June 5.
Read an op-ed by Mr. Paul: Real Clear Politics, June 2, "Weak U.S. Policy Has Bankrolled China's Rise."
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013