Whittling down candidate-speak on jobs, trade and the economy.
Manufacturing Goals - President Obama and Governor Romney both discussed this during the second debate. Clips from the transcript can be found here. Romney also discusses his goal for 12 million new jobs in a press release on his website.
Trade Enforcement - The second debate also saw both candidates talking about trade enforcement. The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) has been working to explain the facts of the tire tariff issue.
Taxes - It's been a bit more difficult to gleen what the candidates' corporate tax plans could mean. AAM's Executive Director Scott Paul offered an assessment during the first debate.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013