Whittling down candidate-speak on jobs, trade and the economy.
Manufacturing Goals - President Obama and Governor Romney both discussed this during the second debate. Clips from the transcript can be found here. Romney also discusses his goal for 12 million new jobs in a press release on his website.
Trade Enforcement - The second debate also saw both candidates talking about trade enforcement. The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) has been working to explain the facts of the tire tariff issue.
Taxes - It's been a bit more difficult to gleen what the candidates' corporate tax plans could mean. AAM's Executive Director Scott Paul offered an assessment during the first debate.
Related recent Blogs
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014