Whittling down candidate-speak on jobs, trade and the economy.
Manufacturing Goals - President Obama and Governor Romney both discussed this during the second debate. Clips from the transcript can be found here. Romney also discusses his goal for 12 million new jobs in a press release on his website.
Trade Enforcement - The second debate also saw both candidates talking about trade enforcement. The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) has been working to explain the facts of the tire tariff issue.
Taxes - It's been a bit more difficult to gleen what the candidates' corporate tax plans could mean. AAM's Executive Director Scott Paul offered an assessment during the first debate.
Related recent Blogs
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014