Whittling down candidate-speak on jobs, trade and the economy.
Manufacturing Goals - President Obama and Governor Romney both discussed this during the second debate. Clips from the transcript can be found here. Romney also discusses his goal for 12 million new jobs in a press release on his website.
Trade Enforcement - The second debate also saw both candidates talking about trade enforcement. The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) has been working to explain the facts of the tire tariff issue.
Taxes - It's been a bit more difficult to gleen what the candidates' corporate tax plans could mean. AAM's Executive Director Scott Paul offered an assessment during the first debate.
Related recent Blogs
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014