White House planning more speeches on the economy
Heads up in the Northeast: The Obama Administration’s economic roadshow is coming to you.
We’re glad the president is turning his focus back to the economy, because a lingering 7.4 percent unemployment rate does not a healthy recovery make, and the kind of jobs being created won't help us in the long run. And while he's gotten a little specific about policies he supports to generate decent jobs, we’d like the president to get even more specific about his proposals.
Read about some of the specifics the Alliance for American Manufacturing would like to see here.
Related recent Blogs
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013