White House planning more speeches on the economy
Heads up in the Northeast: The Obama Administration’s economic roadshow is coming to you.
We’re glad the president is turning his focus back to the economy, because a lingering 7.4 percent unemployment rate does not a healthy recovery make, and the kind of jobs being created won't help us in the long run. And while he's gotten a little specific about policies he supports to generate decent jobs, we’d like the president to get even more specific about his proposals.
Read about some of the specifics the Alliance for American Manufacturing would like to see here.
Related recent Blogs
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013