Where will the renewable energy products of the future be made?
As the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) points out, U.S. green jobs are being lost to China’s illegal trade practices.
The Obama Administration has a chance to end China’s aggression by acting on a Section 301 petition by the United Steelworkers. The petition details 80-plus violations by China of international trade laws, including massive subsidies.
Those subsidies created a 2009 "solar panel glut," driving prices down 40% and enabling China to seize market share from U.S. producers.
AAM believes it's time to stand up for U.S. green jobs, U.S. green manufacturing and a level playing field for world trade.
CLICK HERE for a fact sheet on the effort to save the U.S. clean energy industry.
Related recent Blogs
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- What can we expect from the upcoming Treasury report on exchange rates? • by mmcmullan • 04/08/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014
- Creating Jobs Now: USW and AAM take the next step in Akron • by TGarland • 04/04/2014