Where will the renewable energy products of the future be made?
As the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) points out, U.S. green jobs are being lost to China’s illegal trade practices.
The Obama Administration has a chance to end China’s aggression by acting on a Section 301 petition by the United Steelworkers. The petition details 80-plus violations by China of international trade laws, including massive subsidies.
Those subsidies created a 2009 "solar panel glut," driving prices down 40% and enabling China to seize market share from U.S. producers.
AAM believes it's time to stand up for U.S. green jobs, U.S. green manufacturing and a level playing field for world trade.
CLICK HERE for a fact sheet on the effort to save the U.S. clean energy industry.
Related recent Blogs
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014
- 86th Academy Awards: The Top 5 Manufacturing Movies • by scapozzola • 02/28/2014