Where will the renewable energy products of the future be made?
As the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) points out, U.S. green jobs are being lost to China’s illegal trade practices.
The Obama Administration has a chance to end China’s aggression by acting on a Section 301 petition by the United Steelworkers. The petition details 80-plus violations by China of international trade laws, including massive subsidies.
Those subsidies created a 2009 "solar panel glut," driving prices down 40% and enabling China to seize market share from U.S. producers.
AAM believes it's time to stand up for U.S. green jobs, U.S. green manufacturing and a level playing field for world trade.
CLICK HERE for a fact sheet on the effort to save the U.S. clean energy industry.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013