"What is your favorite manufacturing song?"
The staff of the Aliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) are big music fans. So, we thought we'd end the week by asking AAM's field coordinators "What is your favorite manufacturing song, and why?"
MEGAN MANJEROVIC, PENNSYLVANIA: "I really like Billy Joel's 'Allentown' and this song is very fitting for my life. The part of the song that I relate to the most is where it says "Every child had a pretty good shot, To get at least as far as their old man got." My dad is 3rd generation blue-collared union worker and my older brother is the first person (making me the 2nd) in our family to go to college. Growing up we were always told that my parents would do anything for us to better ourselves and that parents can only hope their children become more successful than themselves." [EDITOR'S NOTE: AAM Office Director Lauren Miller chose this as her favorite manufacturing song, too.]
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014