"What is your favorite manufacturing song?"
The staff of the Aliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) are big music fans. So, we thought we'd end the week by asking AAM's field coordinators "What is your favorite manufacturing song, and why?"
MEGAN MANJEROVIC, PENNSYLVANIA: "I really like Billy Joel's 'Allentown' and this song is very fitting for my life. The part of the song that I relate to the most is where it says "Every child had a pretty good shot, To get at least as far as their old man got." My dad is 3rd generation blue-collared union worker and my older brother is the first person (making me the 2nd) in our family to go to college. Growing up we were always told that my parents would do anything for us to better ourselves and that parents can only hope their children become more successful than themselves." [EDITOR'S NOTE: AAM Office Director Lauren Miller chose this as her favorite manufacturing song, too.]
Related recent Blogs
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014