What the next Congress can accomplish...
Recently, The Politico pondered the question of what the next Congress might accomplish.
AAM Director Scott Paul published a simple answer: Pass a China currency bill--something that the current Congress could still do:
There is a real opportunity to pass legislation that would hold China and other nations accountable for their currency manipulation, which costs American jobs. The House of Representatives passed a bipartisan bill, compliant with our World Trade Organization obligations, in October. Virtually every Democrat and 99 Republicans supported the measure.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013