What are YOUR ideas to jumpstart job creation in the U.S.?
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul published an op-ed in The Hill last week that tasked Congress and the President with a number of items to help start creating jobs in the U.S. Specifically, Paul focused his proposals on reviving U.S. manufacturing, the one sector of the economy that has the capacity to create other jobs throughout the economy.
For Congress, Paul highlighted some key points regarding our tax code, our ailing infrastructure, and the potential to use American-made goods in federal projects.
And, for the President, Paul zeroed in on the pitfalls of America's growing international trade deficit.
We want to hear from you, though. What steps do you think Congress and the Administration should take right away to start growing good jobs in America?
Post a comment here on our blog, or leave a comment on our Facebook page.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013