What are YOUR ideas to jumpstart job creation in the U.S.?
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul published an op-ed in The Hill last week that tasked Congress and the President with a number of items to help start creating jobs in the U.S. Specifically, Paul focused his proposals on reviving U.S. manufacturing, the one sector of the economy that has the capacity to create other jobs throughout the economy.
For Congress, Paul highlighted some key points regarding our tax code, our ailing infrastructure, and the potential to use American-made goods in federal projects.
And, for the President, Paul zeroed in on the pitfalls of America's growing international trade deficit.
We want to hear from you, though. What steps do you think Congress and the Administration should take right away to start growing good jobs in America?
Post a comment here on our blog, or leave a comment on our Facebook page.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013