West Virginia House of Delegates Passes Buy America Bill
By a vote of 82-16, the West Virginia House of Delegates passed a "Buy American" bill today that would require contractors to use American-made components for public buildings and other tax-payer funded projects.
The bill now heads to the West Virginia Senate.
The Alliance for Ameican Manufacturing (AAM) has long advocated Buy America policy for infrastructure work and other public works. Sourcing from domestic manufacturers creates jobs while spurring America's industrial base.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013