Week in Review: Ways & Means to hold China hearing; US companies file charges against China; and More.
House Ways & Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-MI) announced that his committee will hold a hearing on the U.S. economic relationship with China next Tuesday, October 25th.
Several U.S. manufacturers of solar cells and panels have filed dumping charges against Chinese firms, seeking to offset illegal subsidies. Polling conducted by the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) has shown that the majority of Americans favor U.S. action against China’s cheating.
Two instances emerged this week of federal U.S. tax dollars benefiting manufacturing projects outside the U.S. – Finnish cars and Asian traffic lights, to be more specific.
The U.S. Departments of Transportation and Commerce have partnered to help revitalize America's rail manufacturing sector and to encourage the creation of domestic manufacturing jobs.
Senator Rockefeller (D-WV) wants the DoD to use more American steel products. He explained that “the American military should be protected by American steel.”
And finally, a conference of local unions and policy organizations, including AAM, called for the expansion of transit manufacturing at the Brooklyn Navy Yard in NYC.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013