The Week in Review: USW Convention, How the President Can Create Jobs, the Biden Effect, and More.
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) attended the United Steelworkers (USW) 2011 Convention in Las Vegas.
AAM Executive Director Scott Paul laid out a comprehensive plan for how the president and Congress can create jobs.
Economist Fred Bergsten called China “the most protectionist nation in history.”
We called out Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA) for touting the importance of manufacturing in Massachusetts—while not taking the most important step toward improving his state’s industrial base (i. cosponsoring the Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act).
In a phenomenon we’re calling “The Biden Effect,” China increased the value of the Yuan in advance of the Vice President’s trip to Beijing.
Scott Paul talked job creation and manufacturing with Michele Tafoya on WCCO-CBS radio, Minneapolis, MN.
We helped parents find American-made back to school supplies.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Japan's currency moves are heating up a trade problem • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013
- Promise on the horizon for American solar • by mmcmullan • 05/14/2013