The Week in Review: Trick AND treat American-made; House committee hearing; Expo in Wisconsin; and More
Happy Halloween Weekend! Don’t be scared to buy American-made tricks & treats!
This past Tuesday, the House Ways & Means Committee held a hearing on the unbalanced U.S.-China economic relationship. You can read the testimony submitted by Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul here.
Ohio – home state of House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) – has been particularly hard-hit by recent declines in manufacturing.
AAM Executive Director Scott Paul spoke at a Manufacturing Expo in Green Bay, Wisconsin, on the importance of manufacturing for America.
Yet another American innovation is going into production… in China.
And finally - the California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority has extended a tax break program for in-state clean energy manufacturers.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013