The Week in Review: Trick AND treat American-made; House committee hearing; Expo in Wisconsin; and More
Happy Halloween Weekend! Don’t be scared to buy American-made tricks & treats!
This past Tuesday, the House Ways & Means Committee held a hearing on the unbalanced U.S.-China economic relationship. You can read the testimony submitted by Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul here.
Ohio – home state of House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) – has been particularly hard-hit by recent declines in manufacturing.
AAM Executive Director Scott Paul spoke at a Manufacturing Expo in Green Bay, Wisconsin, on the importance of manufacturing for America.
Yet another American innovation is going into production… in China.
And finally - the California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority has extended a tax break program for in-state clean energy manufacturers.
Related recent Blogs
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013