Week in Review: Rep. Rahall introduces pro-manufacturing bill; Manufacturing employment lags; BART adopts Buy America; and More
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) applauds Rep. Nick Rahall (D-WV) this week for introducing the Invest in American Jobs Act; a bill to create manufacturing jobs through infrastructure investment that sounds like a page straight out of the AAM playbook.
AAM held a town hall meeting in Houston, Texas this week to discuss the state’s manufacturing industry. Check out our coverage.
Good news for San Francisco: Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) is keeping their new “Fleet of the Future” rail cars Made in America.
And finally, for all the dog lovers out there – be careful! Reports say that imported Chinese chicken products in certain dog treats may be making your animals sick.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013