Week in Review: Rep. Rahall introduces pro-manufacturing bill; Manufacturing employment lags; BART adopts Buy America; and More
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) applauds Rep. Nick Rahall (D-WV) this week for introducing the Invest in American Jobs Act; a bill to create manufacturing jobs through infrastructure investment that sounds like a page straight out of the AAM playbook.
AAM held a town hall meeting in Houston, Texas this week to discuss the state’s manufacturing industry. Check out our coverage.
Good news for San Francisco: Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) is keeping their new “Fleet of the Future” rail cars Made in America.
And finally, for all the dog lovers out there – be careful! Reports say that imported Chinese chicken products in certain dog treats may be making your animals sick.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013