Week in Review: Rep. Rahall introduces pro-manufacturing bill; Manufacturing employment lags; BART adopts Buy America; and More
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) applauds Rep. Nick Rahall (D-WV) this week for introducing the Invest in American Jobs Act; a bill to create manufacturing jobs through infrastructure investment that sounds like a page straight out of the AAM playbook.
AAM held a town hall meeting in Houston, Texas this week to discuss the state’s manufacturing industry. Check out our coverage.
Good news for San Francisco: Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) is keeping their new “Fleet of the Future” rail cars Made in America.
And finally, for all the dog lovers out there – be careful! Reports say that imported Chinese chicken products in certain dog treats may be making your animals sick.
Related recent Blogs
- Keeping your hands clean...the Made-in-USA way • by LDonia • 06/19/2013
- Maine State Senate Passes Buy American Legislation • by scapozzola • 06/19/2013
- June 19, 2013 Headlines: Negotiations with North Korea, China's influence, and more. • by LRaup • 06/19/2013
- Generally favorable manufacturing survey for New York state • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- President Obama talks about China on Charlie Rose. • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- June 18, 2013 Headlines: Free trade in DC, defending surveillance tactics, and more. • by LRaup • 06/18/2013
- Checking-in from manufacturing conferences in Wisconsin • by LDonia • 06/17/2013
- Make the right choice for your pet -- buy American-made • by TGarland • 06/17/2013
- June 17, 2013 Headlines: Negotiation of a free trade deal, North Korea's proposition for the U.S., and more. • by LRaup • 06/17/2013