Week in Review: President Obama’s had ‘Enough’; House Subcommittee Examines the Wisdom of “Feeding the Dragon”; and More.
The President is finally showing signs of upping the pressure on China to clean up its trade act. It’s about time, too – a new report from the U.S.-China Commission (USCC) is raising some pretty startling concerns when it comes to U.S. dealings with Beijing.
This past Tuesday, the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia & the Pacific held a hearing entitled “Feeding the Dragon: Reevaluating U.S. Development Assistance to China.” Check out some of the highlights here.
It looks like GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney intends to stick by his tough rhetoric on China. Be sure to check Job Search to keep up-to-date with Romney and all the presidential candidates this cycle.
Of course, not all news is good news. Several high-profile construction projects – including the Freedom Tower in New York City and the Philadelphia Center City District – want to use Chinese-made glass instead of American-made, despite severe quality concerns with Chinese-sourced materials (see examples of faulty steel for the Oakland bay bridge, counterfeit electronics for the DoD, etc.)
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- WTO Upholds Ruling Finding China Guilty in Rare Earths Export Restraints Case: Alliance for American Manufacturing statement. • by scapozzola • 08/07/2014
- No, Technology Isn’t an Automatic Job Killer • by elizabethbb • 08/07/2014
- Secretary Foxx Wants YOU… to Do Something about Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 08/06/2014