Week in Review: President Obama’s had ‘Enough’; House Subcommittee Examines the Wisdom of “Feeding the Dragon”; and More.
The President is finally showing signs of upping the pressure on China to clean up its trade act. It’s about time, too – a new report from the U.S.-China Commission (USCC) is raising some pretty startling concerns when it comes to U.S. dealings with Beijing.
This past Tuesday, the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia & the Pacific held a hearing entitled “Feeding the Dragon: Reevaluating U.S. Development Assistance to China.” Check out some of the highlights here.
It looks like GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney intends to stick by his tough rhetoric on China. Be sure to check Job Search to keep up-to-date with Romney and all the presidential candidates this cycle.
Of course, not all news is good news. Several high-profile construction projects – including the Freedom Tower in New York City and the Philadelphia Center City District – want to use Chinese-made glass instead of American-made, despite severe quality concerns with Chinese-sourced materials (see examples of faulty steel for the Oakland bay bridge, counterfeit electronics for the DoD, etc.)
Related recent Blogs
- More Exports Are Nice, but Let’s Not Forget about Surging Imports • by elizabethbb • 09/02/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014