Week in Review: Obama talked up Made in America, US is losing high-tech jobs to Asia, and more.
President Obama talked up “Made in America”, and Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul urged him to keep talking about it in the State of the Union.
According to a new report by the U.S. Business and Industry Council (USBIC), domestic U.S. manufacturers are finding it increasingly difficult to sell into their own lucrative home market.
Carl Pope discussed America’s dirty war on manufacturing.
We took a look at manufacturing capacity between 2000 and the present.
A new report from the National Science Board (NSB) showed that the U.S. has lost 28 percent of its high-technology manufacturing jobs over the last decade, and is losing its lead in science and technology in the global marketplace.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013